We had our 32 week appointment today and everything is still right on track. Her heartbeat was 150, and she was very active in there this morning! I found out last Friday that I have gestational diabetes and met with the diabetes clinic on Monday. Right now we are just going to control it with a strict diet, and I have to test my blood sugar throughout the day. So far this is working out fine and hopefully I won't have to get insulin injections. They say this is a fairly common condition in pregnancy but I was still surprised to have it because I didn't have any of the symptoms. The good thing is that this will go away after I have the baby. I now have a huge respect for people who have to deal with diabetes on a daily basis because it can be a really scary disease.
On another note, my mom has finished the bedding and is mailing it to me this week. I will post some pics as soon as we get that set up! I can't believe we only have 8 more weeks to go!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
32 Weeks and Diabetes
Posted by Jayme at 6:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I'm sorry you are having to deal with that:(! I can't wait to see the bedding!
Post a Comment